Today’s Destiny patch is making a lot of little changes that may make a big difference in the way you play, especially if you’re into PVP. The biggest of which is the drop of the Auto Rifle’s damage and the range reduction of the shotgun. Other changes include buffs to the scout rifle (they may actually be worth using now), along with other various tweaks to other weapons. See the full patch notes below.
The most recent hotfix (126.96.36.199) for Destiny goes live on October 14th. This hotfix includes a number of changes to weapon balance across archetypes (e.g., lowering Auto Rifle effectiveness and increasing Scout Rifle damage output), specific weapons (Vex Mythoclast and Pocket Infinity) and includes a number of fixes to issues with the Templar encounter in the Vault of Glass.
We’re still working on a larger update which will address under-performing Exotics and overall class balance.
- Fixed a bug where the Valkyrie-O5X Ship was the same as the Aurora Lance
- Unbreakable: Fixed an issue with the perk granting more agility than intended
- Brimstone: Perk can now activate if player is airborne
- Fixed some issues related to quick weapon swapping
- Base Damage decreased by 2%
- Reduced Precision Damage multiplier from 1.50 -> 1.25 (head shot bonus)
- Stability decreased by 4% – 17% (driven by stat value)
- In-air accuracy now increased
- Base damage increased by 6%
- Damage vs. Combatants increased by 6% – 25% (based on tier)Improved target acquisition, plus additional recoil tuning.
- Improved target acquisition, plus additional recoil tuning.
- Decreased base damage at maximum range (falloff) by 20%
- Shot Package Perk now has a slightly wider cone of fireThe Rangefinder and Shot Package perks are now mutually exclusive
- The Rangefinder and Shot Package perks are now mutually exclusive
- Base Damage decreased by 34%
- Increased Precision Damage multiplier from 1.25 -> 1.50 (headshot bonus)
- Enhanced Battery Perk has now been replaced with the Speed Reload Perk
- Metal Detector: Fixed a bug that prevents this perk from actually providing additional ammo
- Lightweight: Fixed a bug that allowed additional agility to apply even when a weapon was stowed
- Engram rewards from strikes now appear in the post-game Activity Summary
Raid – Vault of Glass
- Kill volume added to sniper platforms to prevent players from sitting on top of them
- Relic is now removed and respawned if the holder leaves the playable area
- The Fallen have also retreated from their hold over the Rocket Yard to discuss a new takeover plan